I’ll let you in on a secret – you don’t have to go to a galaxy far, far away to experience an immersive Star Wars experience. You just need to join the rebellion and get yourself to Secret Cinema.
Due to the secret nature of the show, I can’t reveal details but I can say that this epic evening definitely isn’t just one for Star Wars geeks. The effort that Secret Cinema has put into creating an immersive and awe-inspiring venue was worth every penny of the £78 entry price.
Without giving away anything, here are my tips to ensure maximum enjoyment for your Secret Cinema visit:
– The Empire Strikes Back is the second film of the original trilogy so watch Star Wars: A New Hope beforehand to refresh your memory of events.
– There’s no cloakroom so make sure you can comfortably carry everything you take with you.
– Phones and photography are strictly prohibited. Try to remember what life was like in the 90s – it’s actually quite liberating!
– Real food can be hard to come by so if you see something for dinner, eat it! I highly recommend the halloumi fries if you can find the guy selling those little morsels of heaven!
– The more you put in, the more you’ll get out. Interact with everyone, accept secret missions and don’t forget to take your items to trade.
– 99.9% of people put effort into their costume so don’t feel self-conscious and go all out – you’ll feel more conspicuous if you’re the only person not in theme!
Saturdays are already sold out until the end of the run, but Sunday tickets are still available. If you don’t work or can get away early enough for the 5.30pm start, there are plenty of weeknight tickets still available too.
Secret Cinema is 100% worth the hype – if you only do one thing in London this summer, make it this!
Governor Abha Vuul signing off. #WithYou
Address: It’s a secret!
Tickets: See Tickets
Price: £78 for adults, £52 for children (aged 8-17 years)
Dates: Running until 27 September 2015